At Mark Retail, we:
1. believe everyone has a responsibility to be a good steward for our environment and should carefully consider the use and disposal of any resource used in the supply, manufacture, delivery and installation of our products and services.
2. strive to encourage continuous improvement in all areas of environmental stewardship such as responsible use of raw materials and natural resources, design processes, and operation of all facilities to reduce the impact of our activities on the environment.
3. aspire towards ‘buying green, being green and selling green’. In 2009 MarkRetail developed a green purchasing policy as our move towards being green.
4. donate unwanted products and furniture to charities to help reduce waste and help our community.
5. help our customers identify environmentally friendly options when undertaking a store design and fitout. MarkRetail actively seeks out "Greener Options" in the products we buy. We seek high-quality products that are equal in performance but result in lower waste, fewer chemicals, lower energy use and less material use.
Actions speak louder than words.
• Remanufactured ink and toner cartridges (One returned cartridge keeps approximately 1 kilo of metal and plastic out of landfills. Remanufacturing one toner cartridge also conserves about a 1.9 litres of oil)
• Energy Star qualified office equipment to save electricity (energy efficient products conserve up to 75% of electricity compared to standard models)
• Recycled paper (office, kitchen and toilet)
• Companies whose suppliers who actively promote ‘being green’
• Digital Storage Solutions to reduce paper and clutter
• Compact fluorescent lights
• Modular furniture (helping us grow without the need to reinvest in new furniture
• Power boards to turn off equipment when not in use
• Recycled materials in our fitouts when available
• Solar panels to reduce electricity from electricity generators and use senor lights to ensure lights are turned off when not in use